Valgard and The Armor of Achilles is a top-down shoot ’em up video game developed by Revolver Game Studio, which brings to this generation the renowned gameplay of games like Knightmare (MSX) and Elemental Master (Sega Genesis).
The age of Greek gods has passed, the deities and their tales had vanished from the world, and powerful relics were forgotten in time.
To turn the tides of the ravaging war between Asgard and the Giants, Odin entrusts the viking Valgard, bearer of the “Fist of Berserker”, to recover a powerful relic from the old gods.
Now Valgard must cross the ancient realms to reach the eternal gardens where no men had never been, the resting place of the legendary armor of Achilles.
- Cross eight mythological places in Greece, fighting soldiers and magical enemies
- Epic boss fights with the Caucasian Eagle, Cerberus, and many others
- Use the Gauntlet called “The Fist of Berserker” to crush your enemies with ethereal swords, axes and other nordic weapons
- Parry any enemy attack using the power of your Gauntlet
- Call the power of Asgardian gods to become invisible, to going berserk or to summon a shield
- Find the lost runes to regain life or to kill all your enemies
- Local Cooperative: summon another player to aid in your battle
- A renowned gameplay updated to this generation
With its mechanics, gorgeous graphics and non-stop action, Valgard represents the rebirth of a shoot ’em up style truly loved by thousands of players, a refresh in the industry for the newcomers, and a high candidate to become a new classic.